Home and Contents Insurance

How much is an average home and contents insurance policy?

Your home is far more than a physical asset. Home is safety, security, familiarity and comfort – so an extreme weather event, accident or home invasion could cost you more than a material loss.

That’s why it makes good sense to help protect your precious home with quality insurance – and make sure you have the right type and amount of coverage to help keep your home and possessions safe.

Who should consider it?

If your home and its contents were damaged or destroyed or your possessions are stolen, and you couldn’t afford to replace them yourself, you should consider home and contents cover. If you have a mortgage, your bank usually requires that you have home insurance over your home. But even if you own your home outright, have an investment property, or rent your home, you should consider some type of home insurance.

What isn’t covered

There are exclusions. There is also often a deductible or excess and limits on cover, so check with your Guardsafe Insurance Broker.

What can it cover?

An average home and contents insurance policy can include:

  • Home Insurance: covers your building against things like flood, fire, explosion, natural disasters such as earthquakes, storms or lightning strikes, damage by vandalism or break-in, and liability to third parties.
  • Contents Insurance: protects your valuable possessions, such as furniture, electronic items, white goods, sporting equipment and jewellery – so you can repair or replace them if they are damaged or stolen.

Product Disclosure Statement:

A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) is available for home and contents insurance and can be obtained from Guardsafe Insurance Broker.

You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, home and contents insurance.